Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Daily Selah ~ Our Reason for Joy


Daily Selah is a mini-devotional, giving us reason to pause and ponder
about the Lord 
and how He wants us to live. 



~  Our Reason for Joy  ~



I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels. -Isaiah 61:10


If you haven't thought recently of how much God has blessed you in Christ, I would suggest reading Ephesians  chapter 1 and 2 and comparing with this verse. 

God has blessed us with so much because of the blood of Christ. He has freely poured out His grace and mercy, saving us from the eternal punishment we deserved. We have been chosen, adopted into His family, redeemed and set free. He has clothed us with "the garments of salvation," and with "the robe of righteousness."

We have even more reason than Isaiah to "greatly rejoice in the LORD."  

Think about that and be filled with praise and joy today. 













No comments:

Post a Comment