Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Don't Stop ~ Daily Selah

Daily Selah is a mini-devotional, a pause to ponder about the Lord and how He wants us to live.



I love early mornings. When my alarm goes off, there's often no one else out of bed yet, not even the dog. It's a perfect time for me to enjoy God's presence without interruption. It has become my favorite time of the day.

We tend to to set aside certains times for prayer, like when we get out of bed in the morning, when we eat, when we have a need, and when we go to bed at night. 



It is good to talk to the Lord at those times but those are not the only times we should be praying. Our text for today exhorts us to pray and don't stop.

You may be thinking, "I can't exactly start praying out loud while I'm at work. They'd all think I was crazy and I'd probably lose my job." True. The same would probably happen with my job.

Remember, though, that we don't have to pray vocally for God to hear. The Lord knows what's on our hearts and minds, doesn't He? He hears whether its a quit whisper in the heart or a loud, public prayer.

If you went somewhere with a friend and they didn't speak to you or even acknowledge your presence while you were out together, how would you feel? God is there right beside us in all we do, wherever we go. I don't think He enjoys being ignored either. 

Growth can only happen when we spend time with the Lord and in His Word. Let's not ignore Him anymore but instead be in a constant attitude of prayer, noticing Him standing next to us and focusing on HIm as we go about our day. 



Father, help us to keep our hearts and minds fixed on You. Teach us to pray without ceasing and help us to become more and more mindful of Your presence, I pray. Continue to make us more like Jesus who always stays in constant communion with You. In His wonderful Name I pray, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment