Pages

Friday, July 25, 2014

Need Wisdom? ~ Daily Selah

Daily Selah is a mini-devotional, a pause to ponder about the Lord and how He wants us to live.



For the Lord giveth wisdom:
out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding. 
- Proverbs 2:6


There have been many times in my life when I have needed to cry out to God for wisdom in dealing with a particular situation or person. As a parent there have been moments when I was unsure about decisions I needed to make for my children and sometimes not sure about how to discipline. Every parent makes mistakes. Every Christian makes mistakes. Those mistakes though can happen much less frequently if we just look to the Lord for His wisdom. 

Who do you call first when you're unsure what direction to take? It is not wrong to seek out advice from other believers at times, but we need to remember that only God's wisdom is completely pure and trustworthy. Other people can make mistakes just like we do. But God will never direct us in the wrong path. His answers are always straight and true. When we seek His face and live according to the principles He has laid down in His Word for us to follow, we will find our lives will take a turn for the better. 


Father, as we go through our day today and every day, I ask that You would help us to look to You for direction and advice. Lead us in Your ways, I pray. May our lives be a reflection of Your love and grace and may Your wisdom shine through in every decision, for Your glory. In Jesus' precious Name I pray, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment