Pages

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Do you need to move?

Daily Selah is a mini-devotional, a pause to ponder about the Lord and how He wants us to live.





A few nights ago, my son and I were out on the deck talking about his varsity football game and enjoying a cool breeze.

He was happily describing some of the plays the team made, which resulted in a win of 14-0.

Then, suddenly, he pointed up and said, "Mom, look!"

All I saw was a few wispy clouds and the first stars beginning to twinkle.

"There, Mom," he pointed again.

I still couldn't see what he was seeing. He gently grabbed my arm and steered me over to where he was standing and pointed upward again.

Now, I saw what he saw. A flashing light making its way across the sky. I thought it might be a plane but he was quite sure it was a satellite.

The neighbor's garage had been blocking my view. I had to move from where I was in order to see.

Sometimes, in our relationship with God, things block our view and we need to move to be able to see what He sees.

Sin gets in they way of our relationship. We need to move from that place to where He is and agree with God about how He see us.

I am very thankful that when we sin, we can be forgiven. Its a matter of moving to where God is and confessing it to Him.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. - 1 John 1:9

He is faithful and just. We just need to move so we can see how He sees.

What's in the way of your relationship with God?  Do you need to move?


Father, thank you for our salvation through Your Son who paid the price for our redemption. We know that we're not perfect yet. Thank You for the promise of Your forgiveness when we confess sin to You and thank You for the promise of Your faithfulness to forgive and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. Help us to move from where we are to where You are so we will see as You see. In Jesus' wonderful Name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment