Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

I love You, Jesus

[Daily Selah]




Have you ever shaken hands with someone and felt like you were grasping a cold, dead fish? Or, spoken to someone who seemed as though they were devoid of any kind of emotion?

There are those who decry emotions related to our fellowship with God. They say feeling has no place in our prayers, our walk with the Lord or in our worship. 

(Please note, God's Word always come first. Our feelings never negate His promises or His truth. I'm not speaking of allowing emotion to take over, but of allowing it to be expressed.) 

Does God feel emotion? Take a look:

 But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved (Ephesians 2:4-5 ESV)

God gets angry over sin, He is grieved when one of His stumbles, and He loves us with an everlasting love. And, according to Hebrews 4:15, Jesus feels everything I feel. 

If my relationship with Him was just some cold, methodical following of ritual, would it be real? I don't think so.

My relationship with Christ began with tears, gratitude, joy, and love. Yours probably did too. If we say we are thankful, shouldn't we show it? If "we love Him, because he first loved us," shouldn't we express it?  (1 John 4:19 KJV)

You know what Jesus said is the greatest commandment?


You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. (Matthew 22:37-38 ESV)

Love the Lord your God with everything you are. That's the greatest commandment. 

True love doesn't hide. True love lives that love. 

Don't be a cold, dead fish. 

Do you love Jesus? Live it and tell Him.


I love You, Jesus. 



Father, thank You so much for loving me first and for giving me a heart filled with love for You. Thank you for sending Your Son for me. I love Jesus and Father, I love You. Help me to live it every day for Your glory. In Jesus' Name, Amen. 



[Daily Selah] is a mini-devotional, a pause to ponder about the Lord and how He wants us to live.



No comments:

Post a Comment