Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Crucified with Christ

{Daily Selah}

Missionary Amy Carmichael's life was filled with trials, pain and bitter disappointments, yet she was a shining beacon of hope in in the darkest places of India for 55 years. 

Her devotion, love and compassion for the lost was a reflection of her love and devotion for her Savior. 

Amy Carmichael wrote many books throughout her lifetime of service to her Master. One book in particular, simply titled "IF," reveals her Galatians 2:20 mindset and manner of life.


I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

The concept of being "crucified with Christ" can sometimes be a hard thing to grasp, but Amy Carmichael saw it for what it really is - a live lived in total devotion and service to the One who was crucified for us. She saw everyday moments as an opportunity to die to self and to live for and in the Lord Jesus Christ. 

The purpose of the Daily Selah here at Faith Reviewed is to give us moments to ponder. Here are just a few excerpts from  "IF" by Amy Carmichael for us to ponder today...



  • IF, the moment I am conscious of the shadow of self crossing my threshold, I do not shut the door, and in the power of Him who works in us to will and to do, keep that door shut, then I know nothing of Calvary love.



  • IF, when I am able to discover something which has baffled others, I forget Him who revealeth the deep and secret things, and knoweth what is in the darkness and showeth it to us; if I forget that it was He who granted that ray of light to His most unworthy servant, then I know nothing of Calvary love.



  • IF there be any reserve in my giving to Him who so loved that He gave His Dearest for me; if there be a secret “but” in my prayer, “anything but that, Lord,” then I know nothing of Calvary love.



  • IF I become entangled in any “inordinate affection”; if things or places or people hold me back from obedience to my Lord, then I know nothing of Calvary love.



  • IF I refuse to be a corn of wheat that falls into the ground and dies (“is separated from all in which it lived before”), then I know nothing of Calvary love.




  • Father, thank You for sending Jesus to this earth. I thank You that He was crucified for us. Help us to live as those who are dead to sin and self and alive in Christ, for Your glory. In Jesus' Name, amen. 


    {Daily Selah} is a mini-devotional, a pause to ponder about the Lord and how He wants us to live.







    No comments:

    Post a Comment