Pages

Saturday, November 1, 2014

My Advocate

{Daily Selah}


An ADVOCATE is a person who stands in support of another, who recommends that person publicly and who speaks in favor of that person. 

This week, there were situations in which I needed to advocate for my elderly parents and also was very thankful that when something happened at work yesterday, my boss became my advocate. 

Yesterday evening, I was thanking the Lord for allowing me to have an opportunity to be there when my parents need me and thanking Him for placing my boss there when I needed her. 

As I was praising the Father for His goodness, the passage in the graphic came to mind, which got me thinking about His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, MY ADVOCATE.


...we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Jesus is not my Advocate because I deserve His support. He is not my Advocate because I have earned His recommendation. He is not my Advocate because I am worthy to have Him speak favorably of me. 

I am an undeserving, unworthy sinner, just like you, and could never earn His support. So why did He become my Advocate?

The answer is found in Galatians 2:20.


I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.


Jesus is my Advocate because He loves me and gave Himself for me. He stands with me, recommends me to the Father, and speaks highly of me because His atoning sacrifice, His propitiation for my sin, makes it possible! When the Father looks at me, He sees His Son and what He did, not what I have done! 

Here's just a small sampling of what my Advocate does for me:


  • When the enemy accuses me of my past, saying, "Hey, I saw what you did back there", my Advocate says, "Stop right there. I paid for all of Ann-Louise's sin and I remember it no more. She is Mine and she is clothed in My righteousness.


  • When the enemy tries to get me to doubt my Savior's love, saying, "Jesus doesn't really care about you," My Advocate says, "Stop right there. I love Ann-Louise and I proved it by giving My life for her."


  • When the enemy whispers, "You're not good enough. God can't use you," my Advocate says, "Stop right there. Ann-Louise can do all things through Me because I give her My strength."


If you know Jesus as your Savior, He is your Advocate too! Go back and read those 3 bullet points, but read it with your own name instead of mine. 

Can you say with me, "JESUS IS MY ADVOCATE"?

If you can, hallelujah!

If not, please go to peacewithgod.net to find out what Jesus will do for you. 


Father, thank You so much for sending Your Son to be the propitiation for my sin. I thank You that He is my Advocate before you, before the accuser of the brethren and before the world. Thank You for such great love. In Jesus' wonderful Name, amen. 


{Daily Selah} is an mini-devotional, a pause to ponder about the Lord and how He wants us to live. 

No comments:

Post a Comment