Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Come Boldly

{Daily Selah}

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need (Hebrews 4:16). 

Sometimes, to express empathy to another person who is going through something we've experienced somewhere along the way, we might say, "I understand. I've been there."

(continue reading below the picture)
























According to Hebrews 4:15, Jesus knows everything we go through, not just because He is God and knows everything, but also because He's been there. 
For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

No matter what we face in this life, Jesus says to us, "I understand. I've been there."

Right now as I write this, my 76 year old father is in the hospital with a severe case of pneumonia, my son is having an MRI for a knee injury in a few days and my car is broken, not to mention other spiritual battles going on in my family. 

Jesus knows. He's been there. 

When Jesus died on the cross, the curtain in the temple was torn in two, from top to bottom, signifying the free access we now have through Him to the throne of grace. 

Because of Jesus, we can not just come, but come boldly. We can "come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need."

Why would we worry, when we have direct access to our God, through His Son? We can't change our circumstances by worrying. We need help and that help is found in only one place, the throne of grace. 

Psalm 121:2 says, "My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth."

Need healing? Need strength? Need peace? Need provision? Need Divine intervention? 

Jesus knows. He's been there. 

So, come boldly. 


{Daily Selah} is a mini-devotional, a pause to ponder about the Lord and how He wants us to live.



No comments:

Post a Comment