Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Even There




People who have followed a difficult path in life sometimes  wonder where God is in the midst of their sorrow, their pain, their troubles and their uncertainty. 

David, the writer of Psalm 139. ran for his life from a king with murder in his eyes. He was seared with the pain of losing a child. And, David's own son betrayed him and tried to take his kingdom from him. 

David knew sorrow, pain, trouble and uncertainty but he was certain of one thing. No matter where he went, no matter what happened, David was convinced in his heart that God would always be right there with him.

If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me (Psalm 139:8-10). 

Even there. 

Even there in the pain. Even there in the sorrow. Even there in the trouble. Even there in the uncertainty. God is there. Even there. 

If you know Christ as your Savior, you can count on His promise:

I will never leave thee, nor forsake (Hebrews 13:5).

No matter how bad the circumstances you face may seem, you can be assured of His presence, His care and His love. Even there. Even there His hand will lead you. Even there, His right hand will hold you. 

Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.

Even there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment