Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

We heard. Now what?

Daily Selah is a mini-devotional, a pause to ponder about the Lord and how He wants us to live.



 But be ye doers of the word,
and not hearers only..
.
James 1:22


We heard. Now what?


It's not always easy to get children to do what we expect of them. On more than one occasion, I have found myself asking one of my kids, "Do you remember what I asked you to do?" The response is often, "Yes, I heard you." Mom's reply? "Well, if you heard me, why aren't you doing it?"

I wonder if God feels the same way about us, His children, at times. Do you think maybe He is saying, "OK. So you heard what I said. Why aren't you doing it?"

James 1 seems to indicate that He does. God expects us not to simply know what He says. He also expects us to do it. Filling your head with Scripture is not the same as living it out. 

So, we heard. Now what? Let's do it; do what God says and be who He wants us to be. 


Father, thank You for the power of Your Word to change lives. Help us, Lord, to not just simply hear Your Word and walk away unchanged but to also live it out, for Your glory. In Jesus' Name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment