Pages

Friday, September 26, 2014

All things... Even the scars...

{Daily Selah}


(Someone at work asked me recently about the scars on my neck. What follows is based, in part, on my answer to her and also partially on a previous post here at Faith Reviewed.) 




And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. (Romans 8:28 ESV) 





We like to quote that verse, but do we really believe it? 


Do you believe that God can take the bad stuff that has happened in your life and the wrong choices you've made and use them for your good? 

What about your pain? What about the scars? 

Scars? Yeah, I have them.

Some you can see. Some you can't.

Scars on the outside. From surgery twice to remove cancer.

Scars on the inside. From an abusive marriage and divorce and foolish decisions in my youth.

You have scars. I have scars. Everyone does - unless you've had a perfect life.

For a long time, I have said my outward scars serve as a reminder and a testimony of God's faithfulness and healing.

But what about the scars on the inside?

Christian singer Mandisa, a survivor of childhood abuse, knows all about scars.  

But, she also knows the truth of Romans 8:28 and, she knows what scars are for. 

Listen...








Father, thank You for working ALL things together for my good because You have called me and love me. I may not see how you're working for my good, but I trust you and Your Word. Help me to remember what scars are for and to remember they are a testimony of who You are and what You will do for those who love You. In Jesus' Name, Amen. 



{Daily Selah} is a mini-devotional, a pause to ponder about the Lord and how He wants us to live. 





No comments:

Post a Comment