Pages

Saturday, September 27, 2014

A Work in Progress


{Daily Selah}
As you may have noticed, Faith Reviewed is currently under construction.  It is a work in progress.  More changes will be coming but the theme and content will remain the same.

The previous template displayed posts pretty nicely, but other functionality was very limited. In other words, it might have looked good but really wasn't so good.

Sometimes, believers can also look good on the outside but may not be always functioning like we're called to.

Most Christians are familiar with Philippians 1:6. We can be assured and  "confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ."

Our God ALWAYS finishes what He starts.

He's working on me to make me more like His Son, Jesus Christ.

God, in His grace and mercy, has changed my life in so many ways. I'm definitely not what I used to be. My testimony is that of a prodigal preacher's kid who came home where I belong - in the arms of Jesus.

Just like any one else, I still have a long way to go. I'm not perfect and won't be until I see Jesus in glory. Like you, there are things I struggle with, areas in my life that don't always meet His standards.

Every believer in the Lord Jesus Christ is God's work in progress. I'm so thankful he doesn't give up on me, doesn't get tired of me and doesn't ever stop His work in my life.

Think about that for a moment. That's a shot of encouragement. No matter how many times we stumble, our God is always going to pick us up and keep on working.

Praise God! I am a work in progress!


Father, thank you for sending Your Son to purchase our redemption. Thank You for forgiveness and mercy. Father, I'm so grateful that You have never given up on me but faithfully continue Your work in me life. In Jesus' Name, Amen. 


{Daily Selah} is a mini-devotional, a pause to ponder about the Lord and how He wants us to live. 



No comments:

Post a Comment