Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Unchanging God

[Daily Selah]

As much as I love living in Wisconsin, I hate winter. That's a strong word, I know, but let me explain. Winter means wondering if your car will start when it's 20 below zero outside and  wondering if the car does start, if you're going to get the car stuck in 3 feet of snow somewhere. Winter means excruciatingly high heat bills and feeling like you're living in a cave when darkness fills a good part of the day. 

Am I whining? Perhaps a little, but if we're honest, most of would have to admit we really don't like change, whether that change has to do with seasons on the calendar or seasons of life. 

It is very comforting to know that God doesn't change. He is still the same when a blizzard blows through my town and He is still the same when a storm of trouble blows through my life. 


But thou, O Lord, shall endure for ever; and thy remembrance unto all generations. -Psalm 102:12

God's unchanging nature means His faithfulness won't change, His mercy won't change and His love won't change. He will never love you any less, He will never show you less mercy and He will never be less faithful.

Sometimes, it seems there's not much, in human terms, that we can count on. 

But, we can always count on our unchanging God. 


Father, You are a wonderful God. You never change and You're always the same. Thank You for the assurance that You will never leave me, You will never stop loving me, and You will never let me go. Thank You for Your great faithfulness to me. In Jesus' precious Name, Amen. 



[Daily Selah] is a mini-devotional, a pause to ponder about the Lord and how He wants us to live.



No comments:

Post a Comment