Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

More Abundantly

{Daily Selah}

Abundance. We often think of that word in reference to material things, like an abundant harvest or an abundance of wealth. The dictionary defines it as a large quantity of something.

Jesus said, "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly" (John 10:10). 

Proverbs 3:1 tells us that the written Word of God brings life. The living Word of God, the living Lord Jesus Christ, brings life and so much more. He came to bring us life "more abundantly."

An abundant life in Christ doesn't mean money or fame. An abundant life in Christ means  abundance of grace, abundance of joy, abundance of peace and more and more. And Who is the Source of all these things? Jesus Christ, the One who came to give us an abundant life. 

The Bible talks about fruit quite frequently. The fruit of the Spirit - love, joy, peace and all the rest of those life qualities that honor our Father in heaven - do you know what all of those really express? Galatians 2:20 gives the answer:


I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

When John the Baptist said, "He must increase, but I must decrease," I don't think he was just speaking of public ministry. In order for you and I to live the abundant life Jesus intends us to live, we have to get out of the way so His life, His abundant life, can be lived out through us. 

Christ liveth in me.  This abundant life is Christ living through us. More abundantly.


Father, thank You for sending Your Son so that we could live. Help us to get out of the way so that His life can be lived out through us, more abundantly. In Jesus' precious Name, amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment