Pages

Sunday, October 26, 2014

New Things

{Daily Selah}


Yesterday, I upgraded to a much better cell phone than the one I had. Everything is new... new menus, new apps, new ways of doing things and a completely new look and feel to the phone.  

Our God is in the business of doing new things but when He does new things, it isn't just an upgrade. When He does something new, it is a complete and total transformation. 

Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? (Isaiah 43:19)

When we place our faith in Christ for salvation, God makes us new creations (2 Corinthians 5:17). That is a wonderful and glorious transformation in itself, but He doesn't stop there. He wants to produce new fruit in our lives (to make us more like His Son), develop new ways of thinking in us (to align our thoughts more closely with His) and give us new avenues to serve Him (for His glory). 

Philippians 1:6, which says God will continue working in our lives until Jesus comes, is a promise that He will continue to do new things in us, for us and through us. 

Think about how much change God has brought into your life since you first met the Savior. Those are all new things He has done in you. 

When John was given a vision of heaven, he saw and heard the One who is the business of doing new things. 

And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” (Rev. 21:5 ESV)

Notice God didn't say, "I have made things new" or "I will make things new." No, He said, "I AM making all things new." He is always working to make things new for you and me and He will continue to make things new. 

If we want Him to do more new things, He is willing but we also have to be willing to allow Him to do His work in us. Obedience and new things go hand in hand. We cannot have one without the other. A yielded heart invites God to do new things in us, for us and through us. 


Father, thank You for making all things new in my life when I met Jesus and for continuing to do new things in me, for me and through me ever since. Father, help me to yield more and more to Your will so more new things may be produced in me - new fruit, new thoughts, new service - all for Your glory. In Jesus' Name I pray, amen. 



No comments:

Post a Comment