Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Grow

{Daily Selah}

But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen (2 Peter 3:18).

In this verse, we are told to grow in 2 very important ways.

Grow in grace. We don't become instantly perfect and holy in the moment God pours out His grace on us for salvation.  But, God requires us to live and grow as those who have known His grace.

And in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Growth happens as we get to know Jesus better. How do we get to know Him? By spending time in His Word and time alone with Him in prayer. 

At one time in my life, I was very rebellious (my testimony is that of a prodigal who met God's grace). Since God poured His grace into my life, He has brought change in my thinking, speech and actions. This change came because He helped me get to know Jesus better. 

Change will continue to happen for each of us as we get to know our Lord and Savior  more and more. I'm not perfect and I'm thankful that God isn't done with me yet. By God's grace, I'm not where I used to be and not where i'm going to be. He's still working on me. 

The instruction we have been given in 2 Peter 3:18 is really quite simple:

Live like you've known grace. Get to know Jesus better.

Grow. 

{Daily Selah} is a mini-devotional, a pause to ponder about the Lord and how He wants us to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment