Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Praise Him!

{Daily Selah}


Yesterday's Daily Selah was all about the power of praise in bringing us victory.

Today, let's praise the LORD for the great things He has done.

Psalm 28 begins with a desperate cry to the LORD for help.

Unto thee will I cry, O Lord my rock; be not silent to me... Hear the voice of my supplications, when I cry unto thee (v 1,2).


By the time the writer reaches verse 6, he knows he has been heard and has seen the LORD answer his prayers.

Blessed be the Lord, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications.
A desperate cry has changed to rejoicing and praise of the God who hears.
The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him (v 7).

God does indeed hear and answer prayer. He has answered many of the cries of my heart and yours.

Think about His faithfulness, His answers to your needs and His loving provision and protection. We serve a great God who has done great things and who deserves our great praise.

Praise Him!



 
{Daily Selah} is a mini-devotional, a pause to ponder about the Lord and how He wants us to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment