Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Redeemed? Proclaim it!

{Daily Selah}

In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace (Ephesians 1:7). 

The first couple of chapters of the book of Ephesians are among my favorite passages in all of scripture. They detail all the blessings given us in Christ. 

The Bible makes it clear that we could never do anything to meet God's standards of righteousness on our own. In grace, mercy and love, God chose to step in and make way - a way for us to be forgiven, a way to be redeemed, a way to be forgiven, a way to be free, a way to know Him and to be assured of a home in heaven. 

But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) (Ephesians 2:4-5).

Ephesians 1 and 2 tell us that all those who have placed their faith in Him for salvation have been made alive, chosen, adopted, accepted, redeemed, forgiven, given the Holy Spirit, seated with Christ, been saved, brought near to God, granted access to the Father, been made part of the household of God and built up together with other believers to form a dwelling place for Him. 

None of this is based on who we are or what we have done, nor could it ever be. 

Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot...  In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace (1 Peter 1:18-19, Ephesians 1:7). 


Many years ago, Fanny Crosby wrote the now beloved hymn, Redeemed...


Redeemed—how I love to proclaim it!
Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb;
Redeemed through His infinite mercy,
His child, and forever, I am.

Redeemed, redeemed,
Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb;
Redeemed, redeemed,
His child, and forever, I am.

Redeemed and so happy in Jesus,
No language my rapture can tell;
I know that the light of His presence
With me doth continually dwell.

I think of my blessed Redeemer,
I think of Him all the day long;
I sing, for I cannot be silent;
His love is the theme of my song.

I know I shall see in His beauty
The King in whose way I delight;
Who lovingly guardeth my footsteps,
And giveth me songs in the night.


When Jesus said, "Go ye...", He was telling us to tell the world about redemption through His blood, the riches of His grace and His great love.

We have been granted great and precious spiritual blessings in Christ. As those who have been redeemed by the blood of the Lamb, we shouldn't be keeping God's wondrous grace and love to ourselves. We need to proclaim it.  

Redeemed? Proclaim it!







{Daily Selah} is a mini-devotional, a pause to ponder about the Lord and how He wants us to live.


No comments:

Post a Comment